Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Trials and Tribulations of the Rap Game



Yosef, thycwoti shares with us a hip hop underworld, in his dream (totally real, I have been assured of its veracity- Ed- seriously).

Here I am, in a clothing store dressing room (Ed.- Gap? Structure? Jeans West?), hanging out with Busta Rhymes and Missy Elliott (Ed.-awesome, I wish Luda were there too). Why you ask? Because we're on a mission to invent the first ever "rap" song. This rap thing is going to be like spoken word poetry over music, but a little bit funkier and closer to the streets. I know, it sounds weird - who would ever buy a record where people don't sing, but instead they talk? What the hell kind of music is that? Well, it's not your everyday Nat King Cole, but trust me on this one, it's going to work. The only problem is, we can't figure out anything that sounds good. I suggest starting it off "Hip hop, hippity to tha hip hip hop..." but Busta Bust and Missy disagree with me. It goes on like that for a while, then right before I wake up, it turns out some other group beat us to the punch - but they stole my opening line!!!(Ed.- bastards, the rap game ain't for thycwoti).